- This entire area has clear advantages when it comes to trekking. A trek from the resort to Bhoothankettu along the river through dense forest takes about 6 hours. A distance of around 20 km.
- Trekking across the river to Malayatoor is another exciting adventure. This trek requires the permission from the Forestry Department. Must take guides, as this area is a natural habitat of wild elephants.
- A trek along the river bank is highly recommended. You can certainly enjoy the never ending sights and sounds of nature at its best. There is a canopy of greenery all along this forest terrain.
- The village of Paniely and other surrounding villages have very old settlements of communities with different religious roots. Surprisingly there are ancient temples and churches; a few temples situated in remote areas bordering the reserved forest.
- Picnics to the woods and river banks
- Barbecue in resort premises.
- Cycling safaris , both long and short
- Village walks , Jeep Safari
- Canoe ride
- Game Fishing
- Light River Trail walks for photography, as well as otherplanned Photography tours catering to the specific needs of serious photographers.
- Cooking Classes. Get to know Kerala’s cuisines!
- Plantation Visits – plantations of Rubber, Pineapple and a variety of tropical spices and herbs like black pepper, nutmeg, ginger, curry leaves, turmeric, a variety of plantains etc.
- Mahogany plantation visit.
Guides to assist our guests at Whispering Waters during various prolonged activities like deep forest treks, are arranged free of cost. Minimal statutory costs are involved for obtaining entry permission and passes at various locations like entry into the reserved forest.